Dear Jobi,

the paper of Heras and Martin 'Post-crystallization treatments for improving
diffraction quality of protein crystals' is really helpful.

Additionally, if you have lysines have you tried reductive methylation?

Good luck,

On Wed, April 13, 2011 12:34, Bingfa Sun wrote:
> Dear Jobi,
>
> For a crystal which is big in size(0.2-0.3mm is pretty big) while diffract
> poorly, dehydration (increase concentration of the precipitant slowly) is
> a good choice to improve diffraction, especially for those tends to crack
> during cryo.
>
> Also those regular optimization approaches: Additive screen etc. Sometimes
> cleave the tag or change it to another end will work.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bingfa

Eirini Gkougkoulia
Department for Structural and Computational Biology
Max F. Perutz Laboratories
University of Vienna
Campus Vienna Biocenter 5
A-1030 Vienna