If you are trying to make a mask in spacegroup P21, that;s not the way to do it.

Make the mask in NCSMASK without a symmetry keyword. Then run mapmask to change the spacegroup to P 21 and use EXPAND OVERLAP to generate the symmetry copies of the mask.

Hailiang Zhang wrote:
Hi,

I want to generate a mask using NCSMASK; however, whenever I tried to add
the SYMMETRY keyword, and output mask cannot be opened in coot. The
following is my script and I was testing on PDB# 2VZ8. Thanks in advance
for any suggestions:

ncsmask xyzin ${EOMDATA}/2VZ8.pdb mskout 2VZ8-ncs.msk << eof
SYMMETRY 4
END
eof

Hailiang