Hello all,
I am been unsuccessful in converting my mtz file into cns format and
bringing along my R-free reflections.

The interwebs tells me that the label should be FREE=label

So, on the command line I type:
mtz_to_cns hklin hklout F=F-obs SIGF=SIGF-obs FREE=R-free-flags

Yet I am always returned with an error that the label FREE is not
recognized.

I am able to run mtz2various in ccp4 using the GUI just fine with selecting
my R-free flag. The log file of that shows that the R-free label is indeed
FREE.

Thus, I am confused. How can I get this to run from the command line (so I
don't always have to open the GUI for one task).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Kelly Daughtry

Kelly Daughtry, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Raetz Lab
Biochemistry Department