On 8 Jul 2011, at 14:21, Harry Xu wrote:

> I want to try mr_rosetta for my project, but I had problem installing rosetta
> on my computer. My computer is running ubuntu 11.04 with gcc 4.5. Compiling
> of rosetta 3.2 failed with the message: KeyError: "Unknown version number 4.5
> for compiler 'gcc'" .

There's a good summary of the problem and a proposed solution here:

  http://morganbye.net/blog/2011/05/rosetta-32-ubuntu-1104

I haven't tried this myself, but I've done something similar to get it working
with Intel compilers on an SGI ICE cluster.

Basically, Rosetta uses SCons to compile itself.  SCons has, among its many
configuration files, one that lists the compiler versions it is prepared to use
and any compiler-specific options that go with them.  gcc 4.5 is relatively new
and not in the config files included with rosetta.  Editing the files and
adding 4.5 as an acceptable compiler should fix the problem.

Note that the author of the blog post also has a fix for a piece of code that
gcc v4.5 rejects on syntactical grounds.

Regards,

Chris
--
Dr Chris Richardson :: Sysadmin, structural biology, icr.ac.uk

The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, a charitable Company
Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England under Company No. 534147 with its
Registered Office at 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the
message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the
message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your
computer and network.