Dear ccp4 bulletin board

I just have a slight concern regarding my Rwork Rfree difference. I have a
structure that I have solved. I am reasonably content that it is complete
because it has refined well, it no longer has bad geometries and contacts and
all the rotamers, ramachandra, bond lengths etc are good. It gives favourable
scores on molprobity and procheck. My only concern is the R factor difference.
The resolution of the structure is 2.3A. The R factor is 0.24 after refinement
but the Rfree is 0.33 which seems to me to be rather high. Should I be
concerned?

During refinement Rfree only drops from about 0.36 to 0.33 while the R factor
drops from 0.31 to 0.24.. I have removed automatic weighting in refmac in order
to constrain my bond lengths and angles during a couple of rounds of
refinement.
This did not have any effect on the R factors, however. I am fairly content
that
the space group I have chosen is correct so I am not sure what else could cause
the big difference in R factors? There is no twinning.

Can I be satisfied that my structure is correct despite the high R free or
should I be doing other checks/ trying other things before I can submit this
structure?

Thank you for any help
Careina