Hello,
  My reply is in the text below:

On Jul 28, 2011, at 6:00 AM, ccp4 wrote:

> A plea from West Australia too.
> I was sitting with someone yesterday who was trying to install it on a Mac
> , and finding it a nightmare.

We're working on improving this. I believe the main issue is that CCP4 has
become more user friendly and installs from a DMG, while the ARP/waRP 7.1
install is still showing its Unix command line roots.

> He finally got it set up as a local installation, whereupon it promtly
> failed.

We use Macs a lot here with few problems  (and various versions of CCP4) so my
first suspicion is that this might be an install problem.

> The message said See refmac-last.log but that told us nothing, and indeed
> refmac seemed to have worked..

Would it be possible to send me the install.log that is created in the ARP/wARP
install directory? Also, the refmac-last.log that will be created in the
directory where ARP/wARP was working?

Its probably best if the remaining communication is done by direct email.

I'm sorry for the trouble that you are having.  I hope we can fix the problem
and prevent it happening to others in future.

Saul Hazledine