Quoting you: "I type ccp4 and I get no error", what happens if you type "ccp4i" (followed by carriage return) ?

Yuri wrote:

I downloaded the package for RHEL5. My default shell is sh. But I can change environments. I have progrmas that I must run in tcsh.

I tried sourcing sh and csh setups. With the csh setup, after I changed the PATH in the ccp4.setup file (originally set to usr/local/bin), I type ccp4 and I get no error. I am a bit at loss

with the sh setup I tried sourcing and I get a "command not found" message, which leads me to think I am not succeding in sourcing it.

Someone mentioned something about some files are not readable...

I tried running the executables in the /bin directory but nothing happens...

Thank you

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:53:49 -0700, Iain Kerr wrote:

What is the output when you try to launch ccp4i ? Are there any error messages ? Problems with Tcl/Tk will usually return an error about not being able to locate a specific library.

Can you launch the programs independent of the GUI ? eg. if you go to where the executables are (CCP4/ccp4-6.2.0/bin)

> ./mtzdump

You should see some output giving the program version etc. and a list of keyword options. If so, the installation is probably OK and as Ed suggested it could be an environment problem. Why don't you outline the specific steps you've taken so far during installation and environment set up - what shell are you using ? did you download the source code or binaries ? what Tcl/Tk version are you using and where did you get it from ?

I can help with this, off the board and then if we find a solution you can post it on the BB.

Iain