On 17 Aug 2011, at 17:10, Eric Karg wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. I could solve the problem by using the setenv
> command to the coot directory,but I still cannot use the Real Space Refine
> Zone in Coot because the names are not compatible. I'm trying to build an RNA
> molecule by the way.

Having recently had exactly the same problem this sounds like you have the
wrong dictionary in coot as well.

If at start-up you don't get a line like:

There are 2 data in /sw64/share/coot/lib/data/monomers/u/U.cif

but instead get

There are 2 data in /sw64/share/coot/lib/data/monomers/u/UR.cif

Then you need to get the new dictionary from

http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~garib/refmac/data/refmac_experimental/refmac_dictionary_v5.29.tar.gz

extract it and use that to replace /path/to/coot/lib/data/monomers

It seems like some of the distributed coot builds have the old dictionary (The
OS X fink one definitely does because coot.info downloads
http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/refmac/data/refmac_dictionary.tar.gz) and that
breaks refinement for nucleic acid.

Hope that helps,

Huw
--
Dr Huw Jenkins
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology