HI,

I've recently seen two examples where the description of a screen in a local
database was different to the current one on the manufacturer's web site. This
happened in two different labs, using different software, and with different
screen manufacturers.

This could potentially lead to an optimisation screen that finds no hits,
because the wrong condition is being optimised. Does anyone have experience of
this? Am I just looking at a few one-off errors, or is there a general problem
here?

The ideal solution is for screen manufacturers to give version numbers to their
screens. Failing that, a good fix at the laboratory is to download the screen
description every time a deep-well plate is received, and second best would be
to download it every time a trial plate is set up. If there is a real concern
here, we will implement one of these in xtalPiMS.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Morris
chris.mor...@stfc.ac.uk
Tel: +44 1925 603689  Fax: +44 1925 603825
Mobile: 07921-717915
http://pims.instruct-fp7.eu/
STFC, Daresbury Lab,  Daresbury,  Warrington,  UK,  WA4 4AD