> Third, the size of crystal needed for successful neutron diffraction is
right at the limit of the size of crystal that can be successfully
flash-cooled without inducing excess mosaicity.

Can't the crystal be flash-cooled at high pressure? The inventors of the
Crystal Harp in Zurich use a machine that does this automatically for cryo
e.m., which many universities already have.

--
 patr...@douglas.co.uk    Douglas Instruments Ltd.
 Douglas House, East Garston, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 7HD, UK

 http://www.douglas.co.uk
 Tel: 44 (0) 148-864-9090    US toll-free 1-877-225-2034
 Regd. England 2177994, VAT Reg. GB 480 7371 36