    To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
    From: Ian Tickle
    Sent by: CCP4 bulletin board
    Date: 10/14/2011 12:34PM
    Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Optimisation of weights

    Hi Kavya

    The resolutions of the structures mentioned in the paper were only
    examples, the Rfree/-LLfree minimisation method (which are actually
    due to Axel Brunger & Gerard Bricogne respectively) does not depend on
    resolution.

    If the structures are already solved & refined, you don't need to do
    any model building, it should be within the radius of convergence with
    the new weights - it's only a small adjustment after all.

    Cheers

    -- Ian

    On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 6:12 AM,  <ka...@ssl.serc.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
    > Dear users,
    >
    > Can the optimization of the X-ray weighing factor
    > and B-factor (overall wt) as mentioned in the paper
    > Acta Cryst. (2007). D63, 1274–1281 by Dr.Ian Tickel,
    > be used for the refinement of the data sets beyond
    > the resolution range mentioned in the paper: 1.33 -
    > 2.55 Ang?
    >
    > Also the structures that were used to optimize these
    > parameters were already solved and refined, so when
    > we are solving a new structure to what extent does the
    > model has to be built before starting the optimization?
    >
    > Thanking you
    > With Regards
    > M. Kavyashree
    >

    > --