Dear Sabuj,

     Your opening remark made me worried that the facetious "what has he
done since?" might be taken seriously ... . That was not what was intended!
A variant of the joke was about a similar committee in charge of evaluating
God's performance, and coming up with "Sure, he created the Universe, but
what has he done since?". I was certainly not implying that Dennis Ritchie
had slept on his laurels after the two pieces of work Miguel mentioned - I
was only trying to share some light humour about the often over-competitive
and pettily critical system under which we all have to live and operate.

     With best wishes,

          Gerard.