Thank you all for the replies.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I was actually trying some of your interesting ideas (and I'm still trying).

I tried using the low resolution data sets for the molecular replacement (thanks to Yuriy Patskovsky), I also improved and increased my coiled coil database and employed it in many approaches using EPRM (interesting program I was not aware of), which I found to produce lots of data, hopefully addressing at some extent the helixes bent (thanks to Bernhard Rupp). I also tried some more tweaking in Phaser, although not sure if did it properly (thanks to Randy Read).

There is no twinning as far as I can tell (thanks to Ed Pozharski for the tip). Using a data set with enough completeness (360 degrees @ Brookhaven) and processing in P1 did not help me because in this space group there is most likely 2-3 helixes in the asymmetric unit, which complicates the problem (and it takes a lot of time for Phaser to run). Automated approaches also did not yield a better result (as far as I can tell). I'm convinced that the space group is C2221, but I may be wrong.

Thanks to Sergei Strelkov for the numerous useful suggestions on how to approach the problem.

One of the big issues for me is to discriminate between a lot of similarly good density maps. For example:

http://www.fullonline.org/coils/coil1.jpg
http://www.fullonline.org/coils/coil2.jpg

I have hundreds of solutions like these and I think they are all wrong.

I couldn't manage to run Arcimboldo, could not find a tutorial on it either. It was highly recommended here (and elsewhere), so I'm definitely willing to give it a try (thanks Isabel Uson).

You guys opened my eyes about a series of issues that I should learn about and approach, I'm most thankful for that.
Best regards,
                 Napo