Haven't done this for a while, but what we used to do was mix Vaseline plus
mineral oil (both purchased for cheap at the local drugstore), and then apply
it using a 10 ml syringe with a pipet tip attached.

We used the mixture of Vaseline + mineral oil because Vaseline alone is too
viscous (unless you want to develop Popeye forearms).

Heat a jar of Vaseline in a hot water bath (NOT OVER A FLAME--it's flammable!)
until it melts. Mix in about 10-20% mineral oil by volume (you can play with
this ratio until you find the viscosity you like); then draw the mixture up
into syringes while still liquid. The procedure a little messy, so fill a lot
of syringes at once and you're set for years.

Pat