reminds me of these symmetric 2D P3 lizards:
http://www.worldofescher.com/store/Z51.html
I bought the RGB-coloured set/puzzle after visiting an Escher exhibition and sometimes use them in crystallography/symmetry teaching. Nice to make the students assemble them and then decide on the symmetry operator, unit cell and asymmetric unit.

Quoting Phoebe Rice:

Hi all,
For those who teach xtallography - we found some plastic turtles that can be snapped together in an amazing variety of space groups. Worked well in a workshop for our students, so I thought I'd share the shopping tip. They're called Reptangles, and we got them from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Brain-Toys-FA042-1-Reptangles/dp/B00392NSQ4

Have fun!

  Phoebe

=====================================
Phoebe A. Rice
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
The University of Chicago
phone 773 834 1723
http://bmb.bsd.uchicago.edu/Faculty_and_Research/01_Faculty/01_Faculty_Alphabetically.php?faculty_id=123
http://www.rsc.org/shop/books/2008/9780854042722.asp

Mark J van Raaij
Laboratorio M-4
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoléculas
Centro Nacional de BiotecnologĂ­a - CSIC
c/Darwin 3, Campus Cantoblanco
28049 Madrid
tel. 91 585 4616
email: mjvanra...@cnb.csic.es