On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 20:40 +0800, Zhiyi Wei wrote:
> Is it possible that this two regions has
> different crystal domain arrangement (one is normal and another is
> twinned)?

Absolutely.  This will, of course, vary for different crystal systems,
but from what I have seen it appears that a different crystal section
removed by ~50 micron behaves statistically as if it is a different
crystal.  This is with "high quality" crystals, so for more regular
situation this can be even shorter.

As far as "nice single crystals" go, looks may be deceiving. Twinned
crystals often look great.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
Oh, suddenly throwing a giraffe into a volcano to make water is crazy?
                                                Julian, King of Lemurs