On Jan 26, 2012, at 11:00 PM, Shiva Bhowmik wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I was wondering if there is any IOS5 based app to display protein models,
> which are not in public database, on Iphone. There is an app called Molecules
> for displaying models but that utilizes coordinates from RCSB and pubchem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shiva

Just for the sake of accuracy, Molecules can view custom pdb files as well:

from http://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com/molecules
Custom molecule structures can also be downloaded to the device from any
publicly available web server. The location of these structures can either be
manually specified in the application, or custom URLs, such as
molecules://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com/sites/default/files/neonPump.pdb.gz ,
can be clicked on within Safari or Mail on the device. This will launch
Molecules and have it start downloading the file at that address.

On iPad, molecular structures can now be dragged into the application directly
using iTunes by going to the Applications tab, scrolling down to the bottom,
and clicking on the Molecules icon.