From: Raji Edayathumangalam <r...@brandeis.edu>
Date: Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Subject: Crack-resistant tubes for centrifugation
To: "CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK" <CCP4BB@jiscmail.ac.uk>

Hi Folks,

Are you any favorite brands out there for crack-resistant 50mL
centrifugation tubes. It seems we are having recurring episodes of Falcon
and Corning tubes cracking even at 9,000 rpm, which is the maximum speed
possible with our rotor. I have used Falcon tubes for years in the past
without problems and I want to be able to spin down bacterial lysates
without a mess.

Any suggestions for tubes that have worked well in your experience?

Thanks,
Raji

--
Raji Edayathumangalam
Instructor in Neurology, Harvard Medical School