Hi,

it might well be possible that molrep used only lower resolution data (the default cutoff isd 2.5 A, if I remember correctly), when refmac uses all available data in the MTZ file...
Check that both steps were performed at the same resolution !

Another possibility is that molrep performed the search in different spacegroups than the one specified in the MTZ file (eg P4 selected during data processing, and molrep checks, P4, P41, P42 and P43). If your solution corresponds to the P41 spacegroup, you have to modify your MTZ file (or use the one produced by molrep)... otherwise refmac will perform the rigid body step in P4 and not P41...
This should be indicated in the molrep logfile... check it carefully !

hope this helps. If not please send the logfiles !

Laurent