Hello All,

We have run into a problem running Phase under both CCP4 and Phenix. Specifically with the Matthews calculation, which then causes Phaser to look for something different then what we want. The input space group is R3:H after processing. The input molecular weight of the model is ~16000 but Phaser for some reason thinks it is ~65000. The strait Mathews calculation through CCP4 comes up with 2 molecules in the asymmetric unit with 51% solvent. Phaser is coming up with a solvent content of 5.2% for one molecule, though it thinks the molecule is 65000 Da. The pdb file only has coordinates in it. Anybody else run into this problem?

We were able to get a good solution using MolRep and it turns out to be 2 molecules in the symmetric unit in R32:H. If you input R32:H into Phaser it blows up.

Regards,
Len

Leonard Thomas Ph.D.
Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory Manager
University of Oklahoma
Stephenson Life Sciences Research Center
101 Stephenson Parkway
Norman, OK 73019-5251

lmtho...@ou.edu
http://barlywine.chem.ou.edu