On 09/05/12 06:10, Frank von Delft wrote:
Hi daft question: I was sent cif and fcf files for a small molecule crystal structure - solved with Bruker software, I think.

Anybody know how to display this as electron density maps? I tried coot and mg, they barfed though - not sure whether that's a file problem though.

Thanks to help from Eugene last year, you should be able to read the coordinates at least in Coot. There is no gui for it though.

read_small_molecule_cif('pk-1234.cif')

I would have thought that you could read the fcf file too - but maybe that is in a format that I have not seen.

Paul.