I *believe* that the ISC operon is utilized in E. coli for all FeS
clusters, regardless if Rieske or not.
I know that when deleted, activity of FeS containing proteins (succinate
dehydrogenase and Glutamate synthase) greatly decreases. See:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11432781

Thus it *should* work with other FeS containing enzymes.

Kelly

Kelly Daughtry, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Raetz Lab
Biochemistry Department