Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:12:17 -0400
From: kellydaugh...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Disulphide bonds and closed conformation
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Jan,If the Cys residues are accessible, you could try DTNB to quantify the
number of Cys, thus determining if they are reduced or bridged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellman's_reagent

Kelly*******************************************************
Kelly Daughtry, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Raetz Lab
Biochemistry Department
Duke University
Alex H. Sands, Jr. Building

303 Research Drive
RM 250
Durham, NC 27710
P: 919-684-5178

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Jan Rashid Umar <jan...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Dear all,
 am working on a protein where I have to stabilize the closed
conformation of the protein using disulphide bond. The strategy to
design the cysteine mutants is based on the molecular dynamic
simulations, and accordingly the residues were chosen. The ultimate goal
 is to trap the ligand in closed conformation of protein and crystallize
 it. I am facing few issues: Is there some reliable assay that can check
 the formation of disulphide bonds in protein.  Additionally, does
anybody knows another method(s) that can be used to trap a closed
conformation. I look forward for your suggestions and discussions on
this issue.
Thanks very much!

Jan