From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Sebastiano
Pasqualato [sebastiano.pasqual...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 8:01 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] advice on spectrometric instruments choice

Dear all,
I'm looking for some advices on the choice of some spectroscopic equipment for
our lab.

What we would like to have is the possibility of measuring Circular Dichroism
spectra, and perform kinetic analysis in fluorescence, possibly also with a
stopped-flow set up, for pre-steady state kinetics.

Would you reckon a single instrument would be capable of fulfilling these
tasks, or would you rather advice the investment on two instruments?

Could you guys please give me suggestions on piece of instruments that you're
happy (or unhappy) with?
I've been currently considering the Chirascan from Applied Photophysics, or the
Jasco J-815, so far. Any comment on those?

Thanks a lot in advance,
best regards,
ciao,

Sebastiano Pasqualato, PhD
Crystallography Unit
Department of Experimental Oncology
European Institute of Oncology
IFOM-IEO Campus
via Adamello, 16
20139 - Milano
Italy

tel +39 02 9437 5167
fax +39 02 9437 5990

please note the change in email address!
sebastiano.pasqual...@ieo.eu<mailto:sebastiano.pasqual...@ieo.eu>