Just a quick note: there is a thermal shift-like methd that is still htp
and allows one to measure unfolding of membrane proteins etc. The method
relies on a cys-reactive leuco dye that becomes fluorescent (or colored)
after it reacts with an sh. As long as your protein has at least one buried
SH this will work more or less regardless of conditions (might be less
effective at low ph, don't add dtt or bme, yadda yadda

I used it and it is very nice. Hope this helps.

Arem