Hi CCP4BBers,

I have a protein crystallized with 0.2mM Mg acetate and PEG 8000 or 0.1mM
cacodylate, pH 6.5, 0.2 Mg acetate, PEG 3350. Both of the conditions gave
triangle pyramid like crystals. I brought the crystals to synchrotron using 30%
PEG 400 as cryoprotactant, the resolution was only be able to reach 4A or
worse. I have tried changing pH and concentrations of PEG, PEG types. I found
out this crystal only grew between pH 6.5~7.5 and PEG types did not change the
result of diffraction dramatically. I have also tried the seeding (break it
down and reseed in the same condition. Maybe I did it wrong?). It gave me the
similar results, not improving. Is there any simple way of improving it before
jumping into reengineering the protein.

Thanks,

Lucas