Le Jeudi 9 Août 2012 09:55 CEST, rashmi panigrahi
<rashmi.panigrah...@gmail.com> a écrit:

Hello Rashi
There is no problem with ITC at "low temperature", apart for a likely slower
binding and, hence, lower heat power signal.
Do not conclude that there is no binding if deltaH is close to 0 around 20-25
°C. You may well have DeltaH = 0 at a given temperature, and yet the affinity
constant is maximum at that temperature (by the Van't Hoff equation).
However, if you have no signal (DeltaH = 0) at several temperatures, this
means that this peptide does not bind. It is very well established that DeltaCp
= dDeltaH/dT is often large, which means that a 15°C variation is sufficient to
get a significant change in deltaH.
Conclusion: do ITC at low temperature and try to increase as much as possible
the concentrations of the protein and of the peptide.
Also, if the peptide is too hydrophobic, you can put it in the cell and the
protein in the syringe.
Finally, you may also try to repeat CD in presence of various amounts of
peptide and see if this results in Tm increase.
Philippe Dumas