It is possible to force Pointless to select a particular solution, using the "Find or match Laue group" option in CCP4i. The default option here is "Determine Laue group" but if you select the "Choose a previous solution" checkbox you can specify the solution you want Pointless to select, by Space group name, Laue group name or Laue group solution number (from a previous run).

You can do the same with the "Symmetry, Scale, Merge (Aimless)" if you check the tickbox "Customise symmetry determination" and then "Choose a previous solution".

In cases of pseudosymmetry it is sometimes necessary to override the solution Pointless thinks is best.

Andrew