As a deliberate choice, we changed Phaser so that it would omit all HETATM
records from the model used for molecular replacement.  This was largely
because when extensive water structure was carried along, it could mess up the
molecular replacement calculation.  However, if you want something carried
along as part of the model, you should be able to do that simply by changing
"HETATM" to "ATOM  " in the lines of the atoms in the PDB file that you want to
keep.  I'd suggest being selective in doing this and making sure you're only
including the ones you're deliberately choosing.

The very latest version of Phaser is a bit more clever.  One side effect is
that Se-Met residues were left out of the models, but now Phaser recognises the
codes of some modified amino acids and carries them along.

Best wishes,

Randy Read

On 2 Oct 2012, at 15:32, Koji Yonekura wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Phaser 2.5.1 for molecular replacement. I like to keep
> tightly bound water molecules (HOH) in the input pdb file.
> Phaser 2.1.4 outputs all HOH lines in the input pdb file to the output
> pdb file, but Phaser 2.5.1 doesnot.
> I am wondering if there is any way to carry input HOH lines to the
> output file with Phaser 2.5.1.
> Best,
>
> Koji

------
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research      Tel: + 44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                   Fax: + 44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                    E-mail: rj...@cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                       www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk