Dear Theresa,

concerning your first sentence which is a bit short to my taste: if you index,
you expect to find the cell parameters. These enable you to process the
dataset. At the end of processing, a decision has to be made about the
spacegroup. Only then structure solution can be tried, using the integrated
intensities which are merged in the correct spacegroup. If the structure cannot
be solved, one reason may be that the spacegroup decision has to be revised.
All of these steps are well supported by software, but in specific cases they
may nevertheless be difficult.
Concerning your second sentence:  INCLUDE_RESOLUTION_RANGE is how the user
tells XDS about which reflections to include into scaling. It is _not_
something that XDS tells the user!

Concerning your questions: 1) inspect the final table in CORRECT.LP which
starts with "SUBSET OF INTENSITY DATA WITH SIGNAL/NOISE >= -3.0 AS FUNCTION OF
RESOLUTION". Look at the CC1/2 column. Those resolution shells which have a "*"
after the numeric value still have statistically significant signal, and it
makes sense to scale them.
2) FRAME.cbf is produced by COLSPOT and visualizes spot positions that are used
for indexing. It is later overwritten by INTEGRATE and visualizes the last
frame of the DATA_RANGE, with expected reflection areas superimposed. You
should check the agreement of observed and expected (predicted) spots.

Hope this helps,

Kay