That's not what I suggested.
you have a tetramer and you have found two ligands within the protein and two
ligands outside your protein - right ?
Now if you merge those 4 found ligands with your protein and then turn on
symmetry mates you will find that the two ligands which were shown outside your
protein surprisingly also show up inside your protein but in a symmetry related
position.
Now you can safe in Coot the symmetry related chains do some manual editing vie
your favourite text editing tool for coordinates and only retain those symmetry
related ligands.
Next you open your set of coordinates and only import those ligands which are
in the right position. You will end up with your tetramer and 4 ligands sitting
in the right position. If not then I misunderstood your original post.

Jürgen