I am using  Refmac_5.7.0029 in CCP4ThanksSDY     Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:35:48
+0200
From: mbfro...@post.tau.ac.il
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] low-resolution and zinc
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

What program do you use for refinement?FF

Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Molecular
Microbiology and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

e-mail: mbfro...@post.tau.ac.il
Tel:  ++972-3640-8723
Fax: ++972-3640-9407
Cellular: 0547 459 608

On Nov 9, 2012, at 20:09 , SD Y <ccp4...@hotmail.com> wrote:Dear All,
Thanks for all the suggestions on low resolution, SG and Zn and I learned a
lot. I am not done yet.
I am trying model co-ordinated ZN+2. I got lot of help from Prof. Roger
Rowlett. Also an excellent protocol is available at
http://capsicum.colgate.edu/chwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Model+Refinement.
Protocol seems to be very straight forward. I am not getting the result I
wanted.
1. When ever I generate cif file,  its not writing any for ZN-SG links at all.
2. After refmac refinement it only draw in LINK for His-ZN. Please see the
imageshttps://www.dropbox.com/s/7sl01pcdmxxcu2z/ZN-cpoordination-1.pnghttps://www.dropbox.com/s/cxlp2m2stbple02/ZN-cpoordination-2.png
3. I get this His-Zn link without using .cif file, so what stage do I use this
.cif file?
4. Though cysteines were placed around 2.2 - 2.5 A from ZN, its not writing
LINK in PDB. I only see LINKR       ZN    ZN H   1                 SG  CYS A
83                ZN-CYS
I dont know what is missing, I also attached the log file which generated the
ZN-His coordination.
Any help is highly appreciated.
ThanksSDY