Hello,

There are examples of regions (such as loops) where the electron density is rather "poor" and does not allow to build a proper model of the polypeptide chain (the refinement program cannot fit a satisfactory model in that area). Hence you just know that the chain "goes through there" and you cannot "fix it". Usually there are relatively high temperature factors associated with such regions. This could be what you have in your structure. In this case I would deposit and add a remark in the header region of the PDB file to explain. If this has been observed in other structures then what you observe is consistent with the previous observations.

HTH,

Fred.