Dear  Roger,

I disagree with Ganesh. Knowing the stoichiometry is not necessary. Stoichiometry may need adjusting to reflect the relative solubility of the interacting partners
under the various crystallization conditions.
See also:
Stura, E.A., Graille, M., Taussig, M.J., Sutton, B.J. Gore, M.G., Silverman, G.J. & Charbonnier, J.-B. (2001) Crystallization of macromolecular complexes: Stoichiometric variation screening. J. Cryst. Growth 232: 580-590.

Affinity is very important when the affinity is better than nanomolar, you do not need stoichiometric
compensation.

Enrico.