Dear CCP4,

While we're talking about the package and update managers, I have a question.

Is there any way to install the CCP4 suite in a non-standard location under OS
X and still use the package manager and update facilities?  With a large number
of Macs it's much easier for me to have CCP4 living in a single,
network-mounted directory than on each machine.

Under Linux, the package manager and updater allow me to put things where I
like.  Under OS X the package manager wants to put things in /Applications and
I can't edit that, despite it being in a GUI element that looks like an input
field.

Regards,

Chris
--
Dr Chris Richardson :: Sysadmin, structural biology, icr.ac.uk

The Institute of Cancer Research: Royal Cancer Hospital, a charitable Company
Limited by Guarantee, Registered in England under Company No. 534147 with its
Registered Office at 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the
message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the
message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your
computer and network.