Hi Folmer,

Just to add some tips:

> Concerning the naming as one molecule: the sugar monomers get the same
> chain ID as the protein they are connected to and arbitrary residue
numbers.
> I usually start numbering from 1000 to prevent overlap with the numbering
> of the amino acids.
1) Just don't use insertion codes, some people find it upsetting ;) And keep
the residue numbering consistent between NCS copies.

2) The glycosciences.de portal has many tools for dealing with
carbohydrates: http://www.glycosciences.de/
I really like PDB-care and CARP for validation in the building and
refinement process.

3) When using TLS you should try to figure out whether it's useful to add
the sugars to the group of the linked protein residue or to have specific
groups for your sugar trees.

Cheers,
Robbie