A good starting place:

Biophys J. 1996 Oct;71(4):2049-55.
Evaluation of linked protonation effects in protein binding reactions using
isothermal titration calorimetry.
Baker BM, Murphy KP.

Abstract
A theoretical development in the evaluation of proton linkage in protein
binding reactions by isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) is presented. For a
system in which binding is linked to protonation of an ionizable group on a
protein, we show that by performing experiments as a function of pH in buffers
with varying ionization enthalpy, one can determine the pK(a)'s of the group
responsible for the proton linkage in the free and the liganded states, the
protonation enthalpy for this group in these states, as well as the intrinsic
energetics for ligand binding (delta H(o), delta S(o), and delta C(p)).
Determination of intrinsic energetics in this fashion allows for comparison
with energetics calculated empirically from structural information. It is shown
that in addition to variation of the ligand binding constant with pH, the
observed binding enthalpy and heat capacity change can undergo extreme
deviations from their intrinsic values, depending upon pH and buffer conditions.
PMID: 8889179 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC1233671