Hello Qiangmin,

      Many membrane proteins like to aggregate in detergent, which
will prevent efficient site specific proteolysis. If you have not
already done so, I suggest running a size exclusion column first to
verify that your protein is monodisperse in your detergent and buffer
of choice.

      I have also heard from a few other researchers that GFP fusion
can sometimes promote aggregation. I'd appreciate hearing from others
how often they have encountered GFP-mediated aggregation, whether with
membrane or soluble proteins.

Ho

Ho Leung Ng
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
h...@hawaii.edu