On 04/11/13 13:36, Ethan Merritt wrote:
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:22:59 am Antony Oliver wrote:
Eugene - that's great. I too run a small suite of Macs (12) and was trying to
find a practical way of updating all those machines remotely. The command line
version of CCP4um will be very useful.
Another option for a set of machines in the same network is to install a single
master copy of ccp4 on one machine exported to the others via NFS, and have all
the
machines run it from there.  Then you only need to update one copy.
Works fine for me.

        Ethan

My method is to run the updater graphically on one machine, then spread it around with rsync. Although being able to run it on the command line would allow me to accomplish that from my own desk, without crossing campus to another building. Even with gigabit, running X remotely is rather slow and bothersome.

All Things Serve the Beam
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University