Hi Everybody,

Thanks so much for all the help!  I suppose I should give more info.
Marco, the data is twinned - I forgot about that in my initial posting.  I
can't remember the stats, but it is not a perfect twin.  I thought that
Phaser accounted for twinning, and I haven't got a solution good enough to
worry about the twinning in refinement (so I haven't really been worrying
about that at this point - maybe wrongly?).  I'll send out some diffraction
images tomorrow if you would still like to see.

I'm fairly certain I'm working with the peptide - I have run SDS-PAGE as
well as a Superdex-75 and the purity is perfect, and the size is what I
would expect (3 kDa), so no obvious oligomers in solution.

Dominica, the peptide is synthetic, but CD analysis suggests it is
structured, and helical in nature.  It's is not cyclic,  but likely does
have disulfide bridges keeping it fairly rigid.  The model I am using is an
NMR model (sequence identity is almost 100%), but the ensemble shows very
little flexibility, and any regions that show some sort of flexibility were
trimmed (only two residues at each terminus).  I have also reduced the NMR
model to one chain.  Are there other issues with the NMR models that I
should be aware of?  I don't have much experience using them.

Pete, I did try all of the space groups within the P4 bravais lattice, but
it didn't seem to matter which one I used.  Nico, that's what I thought
too, but unfortunately I've never had such a large unit cell with such a
small peptide, so I'm not sure at which point it gets ridiculous and there
is more likely something wrong with the processing...  Going back to
France, hey?  You're going to miss Edmonton soooo much!  Especially the
warm winters.

Stephen