Yes, this is indeed what I see as well and it confused me too ... those fields should not be orange highlighted according to my understanding of the way CCP4i works.

Andrew

On 16 May 2013, at 14:33, Bernhard Rupp wrote:

Ah – let me rephrase that – cif2mtz ultimately seems to read them, but the GUI does not populate the corresponding fields. Normally I thought an orange highlighted field is a mandatory field that needs some data…

Windows ccp4 6.3.0-020 updated

Best, BR

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of A Leslie
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:10 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] why not read mmcif cell if rpesent?

Hi Bernhard,

When I have used the "convert" program via ccp4i, the cell and symmetry have indeed been read from the mmcif file and written to the MTZ file.

Andrew

On 16 May 2013, at 13:50, Bernhard Rupp wrote:

Dear Developers,
I wonder if there is any particular reason why, if present in an mmcif, cell parameters and SG
are not read from the mmcif file when using ‘convert to mtz’?

Best, BR

<no_cell.gif>