There are many variables you can adjust, not sure how many you have tried.
Here are a few that pop up first for me:

Seeding (if growth is not well controlled)
Changing drop ratio or vapor diffusion set up (sitting vs hanging vs under oil)
to control the kinetic process as well as the final point in the phase diagram
Changing growth temperature
Additive screen
The above are the easy stuff without changing the well composition.  If they
don’t work, you can optimize the well composition.  I will start with the salt
concentration, then buffer type, then other components.  Good luck.

Yong Wang, Ph.D.                                           Research Advisor,
Discovery Chemistry Research
Eli Lilly & Company                                           Phone:
317-655-9145
Lilly Corporate Center  DC 0403                  Fax:  317-651-6333
Indianapolis, IN  46285                                   wang_y...@lilly.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message from Eli Lilly and Company
(including all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail