Thank you Mark for the link, this is really helpful.
Jürgen

Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Office: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894
Fax:      +1-410-955-2926
http://lupo.jhsph.edu

On May 31, 2013, at 9:14 PM, Mark van der Woerd wrote:

Professor Rice,

When publishing in NAR (Nucleic Acids Research), it was recommended that we use
"colors friendly to the color blind". You can read about it here:
http://jfly.iam.u-tokyo.ac.jp/html/color_blind/

It is quite nice that they went to the trouble of showing us "how they see it".
And there are plenty of suggestions how to do better. In fact, it turns out
that you need not stay away from red and green, but define them somewhat
different and it will work better.

Ever since I made all my illustrations like this once, I try to do it every
time, for any journal, just in case. I consult this page often, it is quite
helpful to me. See especially near the bottom of the page "colors unambiguous
both to color-blinds and non-color-blinds".

Hope this helps you too.

Mark