I check ha sites by 1) looking at the shelxe plots ( these are displayed in
the CCP4 GUI task - prob also in phenix? )
If there is good contrast for one hand rather than the other the sites are
likely to be correct - if not - hmmm; there might be a reason but they
could be wrong..

Then I check the sites by giving the strongest ones to phaser_ep and seeing
if it suggests more which agree with SHELX ones..

Bias is not usually a problem if the initial build is correct but if the
Rfactors are not coming down that may not be the case. Can you see
sidechains - espec MET near your Se sites?
Eleanor