Hello Anindito,

While Nick and Paul have thrown you some great ideas around the TAP-tag
theme (although  GST may not be ideal as it dimerises itself), I feel that
I've read your initial e-mail differently from them.  Maybe you could
clarify?

It sounds like you have a specific tag of ~5kDa in mind, presumably for a
specific purpose?  It's not the case that any old tag will suffice?

Are you producing the dimeric protein recombinantly?  If so, you have lots
of options.  If not, you're going to need a chemical modification
post-purification (or to establish a recombinant system).  Does the
insertion of the tag need to be at a specific site within the one protein?
 Would one of the termini do?

Critically, is your dimer a homodimer?  If it's a heterodimer, things could
be quite easy.

All the best,
Will.