Dear All,

please find below details of a PDRA position available at the University of
Manchester. All enquiries should be made to Dr. Lydia Tabernero,
lydia.tabern...@manchester.ac.uk<mailto:lydia.tabern...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Thanks,

Colin

Postdoctoral Position in X-ray Crystallography

Structure of the endosomal ESCRT-I core complex

Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester
Manchester, UK

A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr Lydia Tabernero to
study the structural basis for the assembly of a protein complex that is
essential for mitogenic receptor down regulation. The project will focus on
understanding the core structure of the endosomal-sorting complex, ESCRT-I
(Stefani et al., 2011, Curr. Biol. 21, 1245050).
The position is part of an ongoing research collaboration between Dr Lydia
Tabernero and Professor Philip Woodman directed towards understanding the
molecular basis for the down-regulation of the epidermal growth factor
receptor. This is a high-impact fast-moving basic research area with direct
implications for bettering our understanding of a key cellular process that is
disrupted in several diseases. The successful applicant will join a
collaborative team, also involving the laboratories of Professor Philip Woodman
and Dr Alan Roseman, and will use X-ray crystallography and other structural
techniques.
The ideal candidate will have (or expect to gain shortly) a PhD in structural
biology, and will have experience in recombinant protein expression and X-ray
crystallography.
The post is full time for up to 24 months and can be available immediately.

Salary: £29,541 to £36,298 depending on experience

Closing date :19/03/2013
Reference :LSX-02347
Further particulars and a full description of the project and job
responsibilities can be found at:
www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk<http://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk>
Informal enquiries
Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Lydia Tabernero, Lecturer:
Email: lydia.tabern...@manchester.ac.uk<mailto:lydia.tabern...@manchester.ac.uk>
Telephone: 0161 275 7794
The University of Manchester values a diverse workforce and welcomes
applications from all sections of the community.