Dear Faisal -

HKL2000 (Denzo/Scalepack) use I greater than -3 sigma (that's NEGATIVE 3) as the observed criterion, so that's what you would put down for this entry. There is another place where you're asked to provide an observed criterion for F's used during refinement. I always put down 0 (i.e. use all F's) for this one.

I have no idea what Scala does.

- Matt