> (assuming of course the .doc files aren't also missing).

CDOC: Undefined variable.
[berry@sbserv ~]$ ls $CCP4/doc
ls: cannot access /sw/lnx/ccp4-6.4.0/doc: No such file or directory

I second the request for continued man pages and .doc files

Ian Tickle wrote:
I agree completely with Tim: I use 'man' (or 'info' for gfortran & the like)
all the time
- but then I'm a die-hard command-liner/shell-scripter who never uses ccp4i!  I
haven't
got around to installing 6.4 yet but if & when I do & I find the man pages
missing as Tim
says I'll probably copy over the ones from 6.3 - even though they're maybe now
a bit out
of date, it's better than no man pages!  ... or maybe better would be something
like:

alias manc 'less $CDOC/\!^.doc'

(assuming of course the .doc files aren't also missing).

... or this looks promising:
ftp://jaguar.ncsl.nist.gov/current_docs/sctk-1.2/doc/html2man.pl (haven't tried
it though).

Cheers

-- Ian

On 15 November 2013 09:48, Tim Gruene <t...@shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de