A reminder about the CCP4 Study weekend 4-5 January 2014 on Complementary
Techniques.

Please note: Deadline for early bird registration is 24th November (this
Sunday). After this date the registration fee increases and there will be no
student bursaries available.

Up-to-date details of the meeting programme can be found at this link:

http://www.cse.scitech.ac.uk/events/CCP4_2014/programme.html

For registration, please follow the link:

https://eventbooking.stfc.ac.uk/login?EVENT=147

What techniques can be combined with crystallographic analysis? Of all
deposited structures in the PDB, more than half are oligomeric, and three
quarters have a ligand bound. In-solution methods like SAXS or biophysical
techniques allow us to validate the information on the molecular assembly.
Biophysical techniques are also essential to probe ligands and co-factors. We
address how to make ligand complexes with novel methods to mount and manipulate
crystals.  A session on drug design gives the perspective and discusses
additional techniques such as NMR. Simulations and NMR also address the dynamic
nature of macromolecules. EM techniques can be used to address macromolecular
complexes of changing composition and go full circle with the X-ray analysis.
You will learn how complementary methods help in structure determination and
analysis, leading to a better understanding of the bio-macromolecules we study.

The organisers.

Ivo Tews, University of Southampton

Jon Cooper, UCL.

--