Dear all,
              Please forward this job posting to any appropriate
candidates.

If interested, plese don't reply to me, but instead apply using the website
below.

Yours,

Mark

 *Scientist*

*Protein Production and Expression within our Structural Biology Department*

*Location: *Oxfordshire, UK

*Full time, Permanent*

*Salary: *from £19,825 - £33,500 dependent on experience

Evotec (UK) Ltd is currently seeking to add to the Protein Production group
within our Structural Biology Department based in Oxfordshire. The group
works closely with our Discovery Chemistry Department and with clients to
develop novel small molecule drugs.  The group is at the forefront of new
science and technology, and is seeking to expand as business need grows.

*Responsibilities may include:*

·         Participating as part of a project team by designing, executing
and interpreting high quality laboratory research to meet agreed objectives

·         Applying scientific knowledge to resolve research problems
encountered in achieving defined goals with some assistance from their line
manager or other team members to meet internal and project deadlines.

·         Preparing reports of findings, present data, and collaborate with
other scientists at Evotec

*Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*

·         Protein expression in *E. coli*

·         Protein purification using affinity tags e.g. 6His tags

·         Understanding of GE Healthcare Akta systems (e.g. Xpress,
Purifier, Basic models) and Unicorn software.

·         Purification of membrane proteins

·         Protein production for crystallographic studies

·         Cloning and design of synthetic gene constructs

·         Crystallization of macromolecules

You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be
a strong team player. Dynamic, accurate and innovative, you will be a
self-starter with a flexible approach who enjoys a challenge.

*Education and Experience:*

Educated to degree level or higher in a scientific discipline, or
equivalent.

We offer competitive salaries plus extensive benefits including annual
bonus, pension plan, private medical and dental cover.
If you feel that your skills and experience match what we are looking for,
please apply via the website: http://www.evotec.com by 22nd December 2013
though early application is recommended as interviews will be conducted as
suitable candidates apply.